Monday, June 16, 2008

biting saga

i don't remember if i've written about this before, and i'm too lazy to go back and check!! so a brief explanation...
samantha is a biter. it started as her only form of self defense. katelyn and annie used to pick her up and carry her everywhere and it would make samantha really mad. the only way she could get them to stop was to bite them. well, she has figured out that biting gets her pretty much anything she wants. if she wants to go on a slide and a kid's in her way she bites 'em. if someone is sitting where she wants to sit on the couch...she bites 'em. if a kid has the toy she wants...she bites 'em. you get the point. so far she has bitten about 5 or 6 neighborhood kids, and a random kid at the children's museum. it has gotten ridiculous. on saturday she bit annie 4 times....finally the last time i put tabasco sauce in her mouth. she scream bloody murder, so i had hopes that her biting habit might have been broken. well, just today i was babysitting my good friend's boys and samantha bit one of them. so, i did the tabasco sauce thing again....hoping....she didn't even cry. she just gaged a few times and then was over it. she did drool for about 15 minutes....but that's it. i seriously do not know what to do about it. she bit me once and i bit her back....that didn't work. she's been in time out, that hasn't worked. she's been spanked...didn't worked. so ya, if anyone has a cure for biting please let me know!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh that "BITES" ha ha... no seriously my daughter has bitten Preston at least 5 times a few times leaving bad marks were she tore the skin. Now I now she does it to defend herself when he picks on her but, its not OK! so I have also bitten her back and it broke her heart, but mainly I swat her mouth enough so it stings and I just have kept on it! she has been pretty good lately! GOOD LUCK!

Shanna said...

Wow she is a determined girl. I'm sorry but my mom ruined me with the tabasco thing when I was little. I only got it once and I think it is because I was mad that I had to vacuum and Jenn didn't so I said, "Jennifer never has to do a d#@n thing!!" Ya, that was my ONE not perfect moment. Ha, Ha!! Good luck with the biting thing, I don't know what else to suggest. I was thinking tonight about the babies and the name dilema. Have you guys considered Abigail again like you wanted for Katelyn? You could call her Abbi!!

Unknown said...

Thanks -- No name for sure yet, most likely it will be Whitney (it's the only name we can agree on). How bout you? for sure on a name yet?

The Kahumokus said...

Biting the soap is the only thing I can think of that you haven't already tried. That's what broke my little brother of his biting problem. Just don't get a soap that tastes good!