Thursday, November 8, 2007

school picture time...phew, glad that's over!

ok, so today is picture day at the girls' school. what drama!! if it's this bad now i don't ever want them to turn into teenagers. katelyn was actually pretty easy...considering. i suggested a shirt and she agreed, but only after derek told her he really like it. she requested her hair to be hanging down and curly so everyone could see how long it is getting. we are growing her bangs out, so i had to put them back with a barrette. she wanted them off to the side, but it looks too much like a comb over to me so i had to convince her they looked cuter back. (i guarantee we get her pictures back and her bangs are to the side!!!) now for annie...i kept trying to gently persuade her to wear jeans and a cute shirt, but she was having none of that. she was wearing "church" clothes for pictures and that was final. (i asked her why and she said that church clothes are the cutest.) she also was very particular on wearing tights, "church" shoes, and she asked me to put mousse in her hair before drying it with a round brush...oh, and she wanted a ribbon in her hair like matilda (the kids' movie). i have to say...she did look darling, but freak...that girl is high maintenance!!! i can't even imagine what it's going to be like when samantha is all part of the mix. seriously...our next kid better be a boy! ;) oh, one last thing...when annie was all ready she was looking at herself in the mirror and said, "i'm going to be the cutest girl at school." i'm pretty sure katelyn was thinking the same thing about herself as she strut out to the car to go to school!!!

5 comments:

The Hamlin Family said...

Angie...Thanks for warning me about girls. Livvy hates headbands in her hair already...at 10 months old. I'M DOOMED!!!

Shanna said...

That is great, I can just see and hear it. Oh, that is probably because that is exactly what I hear every day. I swear if Brooklynn's bangs don't grow out soon, I am going to lose it. You will have to post their pictures when you get them for all to see. Our pictures actually turned out cute this year. Of course, that's because I didn't order any.

The Kahumokus said...

Wow, that does sound like a lot of drama. Maybe I'm blessed to have three boys...maybe. I'm glad you found me. It's fun to see what you're up to!

kristina said...

Hey-- you know how we were talking about the self confidence thing?? I think you're on the right track with your girls!

p.s. I like the pic of Sam in a headband-- how come you don't do that more often??

Anonymous said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!!! We need to talk more often! Maybe we could console ourselfs and tell each other that our girls are going to be sweet, darlings when they get older....HA!